
Hopefully you are all finishing your annotated bibliographies for tomorrow. This will be the basis of PART 1 of the research report - relating to industry. I suggest you take an inductive approach to research - this means starting from a specific example(s), ie one or two photographers and then growing the research to make comparisons about form and content. Try not to approach it as a national/international survey as this would require years rather than months. Keeping it concrete also means you can directly relate the research to your practice.
The blogs are going great - I am really excited to see everyone posting entries with pictures, research and other analysis.
Here is an image of a recent show (Masha request) - it is one of three photographs that I made for Helen Maxwell's show "The fall of Night". This was a group exhibition loosely based on a reflection on the book The Road by Cormac McCarthy. It is a harrowing post-apocalyptic novel that takes the reader through a devastating landscape - but at the end, with a tiny bit of hope. Like all of McCarthy's writing, beautiful and mesmerising - but very hard to react to visually. They were printed by Stephen Best in Braidwood.
1 comment:
Silvia, sorry I missed the exhibition - we should have gone as a class. Not all the images are up in the online gallery (or am I looking in the wrong place. Also, are you able to post the entire research assignment - I need a macro view so I can approach it at a micro level. Thanks Cate
Post a Comment